October 02, 2010

Catching up

Lots have happened since I chewed on mommy's laptop power cord.  She keeps telling me I was lucky that it wasn't plugged in.

Well...we'll start with my classes.  I am in intermediate classes and there's only one other one in my class.  The first night of classes our instructor Kay introduced us.  Then Kay was chuckling...she looked at me and asked mom how old I am, she said going on 8 months soon.  They she asked the others they theirs was going on 7 months.  Then Kay followed up with Abby....meet Abby!!  She's a king charlies spaniel.

The first night was learning the wait...it took me a little bit, but I just don't understand the difference between wait and stay....seems the same to me.

The second week I was the only one that showed up, I learned how to heel...honestly mom doesn't really like when I walk by her side, she'd rather have me out front. 

The third week I learned how to sit and stay with mom walking around me, I couldn't move, I had to stay.  Took about 5 minutes till I figured out what I needed t do, but once I did...mom was tickled.  After classes, Kay gave mom a brochure of Therapy Dog and where to take the test....we're figuring taking the test in the spring.  One of the requirements is I have to a year old before I can do any kind of testing.

Last week mom went to a concert in Gratz, she went to see Ryan Pelton....I have a picture of me looking at his hair in an earlier posting.  Mom took that picture along, and after the show she had him sign it.  Ryan looked at it and said..."I remember this puppy!"  Teehee....people remember me, but not my mom!!

We finished the living room last night, we had to do some touch up....we're officially done with the living room!!  That's ok, we're sick of painting.  Next time maybe we should have Brinkley come and help.

On October 12th, we were invited to do a presentation for the girl scouts.....I know I'll be just fine, but I don't know how mom will be.

Hey Mr. H...your sure getting around these days, be safe and keep being good and putting your best paw forward!  Proud of you Bro!

Until next time...High Paw Five!!

-Abby-

2 comments:

The Firedogs said...

It is good to have you back we have missed you.
It was kind of you to think of me to invite to come paint,I would be in my glory. Just imagine how much painting you and me could do together, mom's says that is a scary thought.
Keep up the good work in your classes."BE SAFE"
Brinkley

Mr. H said...

HI Sis,
My mom is really glad that your mom got her new power cord. She kept checking your blog! Hey we are all bad doggies sometimes but we know our moms and dads LOVE us!!!!!!!!!!! It's been pretty boring really all the sitting around! Mom said I get to go to doggie daycare one day this week for being so good in the motel! I will have soooooooooooo much fun! My mom wishes that we could go to class like you do. Although mom is quite proud that she can make me sit up, shake a paw and wave bye bye with just hand signals and then I get my treat! I have a very loud voice and sometimes when I bark I get in trouble! I'm really proud of you and can't wait till you graduate!!!! LOL Mr. H:)